• ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 1–1¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
1. Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl until well combined.
2. Place chicken in a shallow dish or 1-gallon sealable plastic bag. Add the marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours. Remove from the marinade and pat dry.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high or position a rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler to high.
4. To grill: Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 4 to 8 minutes per side.
5. To broil: Line a broiler pan (or baking sheet) with foil and coat with cooking spray. Place the chicken on the foil. Broil, watching carefully and turning at least once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 10 to 15 minutes total.
Make Ahead Tips:
169 Calories, Total Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 62 mg, Carbohydrates: 2 g, Fiber: 0 g, Total Sugars: 0 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 22 g, Sodium: 249 mg, Potassium: 207 mg, Iron: 0 mg, Folate: 2 mcg, Calcium: 13 mg, Vitamin A: 16 IU, Vitamin C: 0 mg
Carbohydrate Servings: 0