In this healthy fettuccine Alfredo recipe, the sauce for this classic pasta dish gets a makeover, using yogurt. Although we like to toss this creamy pasta sauce with fettuccine, any whole-wheat pasta can be used.
- Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
- Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the reserved pasta water and remove from heat. Whisk in yogurt, 1/2 cup Parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the fettuccine and combine well. Serve topped with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
312 Calories, Total Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 21 mg, Carbohydrates: 45 g, Fiber: 7 g, Total Sugars: 4 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 18 g, Sodium: 421 mg, Potassium: 207 mg, Folate: 38 mcg, Calcium: 262 mg
Carbohydrate Servings: 3