This saucy one-skillet chicken dish is full of tomatoes, spinach, olives and capers. Try Kalamata olives in place of the green Sicilians or a combination of both. Serve over whole-wheat egg noodles with a mixed green salad on the side.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 14-ounce can petite diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil or other Italian-style seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/3 cup halved Sicilian or other green olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 4 4-ounce chicken cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine tomatoes, spinach, olives, capers and crushed red pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until browned on one side, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn it over; top with the tomato mixture. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
Per serving: 210 Calories, Total Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 63 mg, Carbohydrates: 8 g, Fiber: 3 g, Total Sugars: 3 g, Added Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 26 g, Sodium: 527 mg, Potassium: 401 mg, Folate: 89 mcg, Calcium: 109 mg
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2