Fresh corn, diced deli ham and crunchy croutons are tossed with a smoky, creamy dressing in this light summer salad. Serve with a crisp glass of rosé© and sliced melon.
- Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size:about 2 cups
- Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika, preferably smoked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups trimmed frisée (about 1 large head) or 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 1 large ear)
- 1 cup croutons, preferably whole-grain
- 3/4 cup diced ham (about 4 ounces)
- Whisk sour cream, vinegar, paprika and salt in a large bowl. Add frisée (or salad greens), tomato, corn, croutons and ham; toss to coat.
Per serving: 182 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 23 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrate; 0 g added sugars; 13 g protein; 6 g fiber; 679 mg sodium; 707 mg potassium.