Make this 20-minute vegan curry even faster, by using pre-cut veggies from the grocery store salad bar. When shopping for simmer sauce, look for 400 mg of sodium or less and, to keep this vegan, check the ingredients for cream or fish sauce. Serve over cooked brown rice for a satisfying dinner and, if you like a spicy kick, add a dash of hot sauce.
- Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1½ cups curry plus ½ cup rice
- Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil or canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 ½ cups prepared coconut curry simmer sauce
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups pre-cooked brown rice, heated according to package instructions
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper and zucchini, cook, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, simmer sauce and broth, bring to a simmer, stirring. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in spinach just before serving.
471 Calories, Total Fat: 18 g, Saturated Fat: 8 g, Cholesterol: 4 mg, Carbohydrates: 66 g, Fiber: 11 g, Total Sugars: 12 g, Added Sugars: 7 g, Protein: 11 g, Sodium: 576 mg, Potassium: 489 mg, Folate: 99 mcg, Calcium: 119 mg
Carbohydrate Servings: 4 1/2